Monday, November 08, 2004

The Project

School is going very well thus far....with one exception, ok two excceptions....first i dropped my Cal III class. I wasn't doing to well in it. Secondly, it's my project group, which is what I wanted to write about. We have to build a "Rube Goldberg" voting machine, which is a machine that will cast a ballot in 20 or more steps, it is a contest to see who can build the zaniest machine. Sounds like a fun project doesn't it? Well, it's not. One of our group members has never shown up for the meetings. The other two always show up, but we never accomplish anything....they just want to talk and talk and talk.....it's frustrating, it makes me want to rip my arm off and beat them with it....okay that's a little violent, and so not really the truth, but it is frustrating. It makes me wonder though how much of real engineering projects are going to be like this. I'm definitely not down on men, or trying to bash them, but these two guys are really hard to work with, and the engineer that I worked for, that short while, was just like them. They think they know everything and don't want to listen to other peoples ideas....I think I'll start an all woman engineering company...think that would go over well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment