Monday, September 27, 2004

Skin

Do you ever feel uncomfortable in your own skin? I know this is weird...I promise I'm not losing my mind. Well, I could be, who knows. I started writing a song a while back, called "I gotta get out of my skin" I was thinking about it today, and it is SO how I feel. I feel kinda trapped in it, like it's suffocating me, you think it's my skin? I realize as I am writing this, how stupid it sounds, but give me a minute, maybe I can explain it. I feel my heart pounding with an urgent desire to escape everything I put it through. Does that make any sense at all? My mind doesn't stay with me, doesn't stay where I am, why does my heart have to. My mind wanders all the time, I can help that wandering by reading, daydreaming, singing, talking, laughing, all of it gives my mind a break....I know this sounds weird, but my heart never gets a break. Sounds like I'm asking for heart-break doesn't it? I'm not, I want to take it out, set it on the table, and not feel it for while. I guess I need a break from my heart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your heart gets a break every time you sneeze

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

belly dancing class

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment