Thursday, September 09, 2004

My life as a Shoe

Not that I ever was a shoe, but for some strange reason, that sounded like an interesting title to me. So, that's the title of my poem, let's see if I can write one that goes along with that. Here goes:

Just sitting around
waiting for my turn
today you picked me
Oh, how I've yearned
to be with you all day
to help you go where you go
to bring you some comfort
to share some of your load
you'll get tired of me someday
I know it's true
you'll throw me away
and buy a new pair of shoes
But till that day
You'll wear me sometimes
then put me back in the closet
until the next time
I'll wait patiently
to be worn again
in the meantime maybe
you'll show me to friends
then back in the closet
I'll go when your through
I'll sit patiently
waiting for you.


From your shoe to you!!!! have a good day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I want to know what happens in the book!!! Your book was what was keeping me going and now I just dont know how I am going to make it through. Please send me a copy when it is published. I will pay what ever the price cause... man you can write!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment