Monday, August 09, 2004

First Day

Today was the First Day at my new job. It was not at all like I expected. I was so worried, twisted all up inside, and thinking "what if I can't do it?" It's been bothering me for two weeks. I have to say, this is the first time that I have ever stressed a new job like this. I wanted to cry and cry and cry....but I didn't (my eyes teared up a few times when I thought about it). Thing is, I felt like no one understood how I was feeling, everyone was very supportive, saying stuff like "you can do it" "don't worry about it" "you'll do great"...... But, I wanted to talk about it, really talk about it, but I couldn't and I didn't. I had this great big lump in my chest, and tried to busy myself through it all. I don't know why it has been so hard.

Anyway - I went today, and was BORED OUT OF MY HEAD!! First assignment was to load some software on my computer. It was autocad, I loaded it, it was a newer version than mine, so I read all about the new changes, and then configured it so it was set up the way I like it. I finished by 8:30, and it appeared there was nothing else there for me to do. I cleaned my office, dusted my desk, rearranged everything on it (done by 9:00). I was told by the guy I work with, that a lot of times the days are like this. I'm not sure I can handle it. I get really really antsy. My Boss left early in the morning, said he was going to get some files for me to work on, and would be back. I talked to his son and my co-worker for a while, then decided to clean the kitchen. I got way into it, and cleaned it spic and span.... Then my Boss came back, and didn't have the file he wanted me to work on (12:15 by now). I had previously done a map for him for the City of Oak Point, there were a few changes since I had done it, and he wanted me to work on those. He, however, did not have the copy I gave him, so I came home and got my copy. I went back and made those changes (finished by 2:00). By this time, he handed me a disk, pulled uot some plans for a water line, and showed me some of the problems with it, and asked me to make the corrections. Then he left for the day. I popped in the disk, there were tons and tons of files on it. I didn't see the file, so I went through each folder individually looking for it. It wasn't there. I knew where a copy was at the City of Sanger (In my old desk) so I called him several times to let him know, but he didn't answer. I tried to busy myself, but there was NOTHING to do!! He finally called me back at 4:30, I explained hte situation and he asked me to go to Sanger and pick up the disk. I did, then went to the doctor, the grocery store, and came home. I was just cooking dinner, thought I'd surprise my roommate, but I burnt the #@!*# out of it! Now I wanta cry again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment