Thursday, August 05, 2004

Change

I was talking to my co-workers at lunch today about change. It was an interesting discussion. I am changing many things in my life, and trying my best to change a few things about myself. One of the girls said that she does not like change, that she likes to have a routine, do the same thing each day, and is content to do in her words "my own little job" and not have to worry about anything. One of the other girls agreed with her. I got on my soap box of course, and explained that change is inevitable and you have to embrace it or you get left behind. I honestly believe that is true. Think about it. Change can be risky, but I’m convinced that no risk equals no change, and no change adds up to no growth. Plus, being willing to adapt and change will definitely add excitement to your life

Improving yourself is one way, I believe, to embrace change. Increasing knowledge, experiencing new things, changing your "look" (also an excuse to shop), striving for something better, getting to know someone just a little more, TAKING RISKS.......I could go on and on.

We live in an amazing, dynamic time. The future is unlimited and open to anything we can imagine. Let us imagine what we would like the future to be, then make it so. We have the power; we just need the vision and the will.

A caterpillar must shed its cocoon to become a butterfly. We must shed many of our old ways and habits before we can spread our wings and fly.

Change is life, change is excitement, challenge, and growth.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment