Sunday, August 01, 2004

Best Friends Necklace

I was writing that previous post, and mentioned the "best friends necklace". I wonder if today I was going to give the other half of one of those best friends necklaces to someone, who would it be. (I promise I really won't do it, but let's pretend) What really makes someone your best friend as an adult? It's different than when you're a kid. Is it the friend you've had the longest, than you can call after not talking for a year and pick up where you left off? Is it the old friend you see around town occassionally and are always extremely happy to see, you catch up, and wish you spent more time with? Is it the new friend, you love to be around, and feel like you can share anything with? Is it the friend that is and has been your roomate for quite some time, who knows everything about you and loves you still? Is it the friend that that is quiet with you and lets you just be yourself? Is it the friend that will do crazy things with you, and never ask questions?

I guess, after thinking about it, it's all of them. So, in my pretend world, you each get a piece of the necklace, we have to cut it up in 8 pieces though, so you might get the piece with the B from Best and the F from Friends, and people will ask you what that means. Or they won't ask, and will assmue alot of different things. So, let's forget the necklace (although it was only make believe), and let me just say thank you for being my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment