Friday, July 23, 2004

Resignation

I have resigned myself to a lot of things.  I've resigned myself to being who I am (while hiding some things) - I guess tha'ts not a complete resignation to anything, is it?  I've resigned myself to working most of my life.  I've resigned myself to live in Sanger Texas for a while (if not forever).  I've resigned myself to never being a fly girl on "In living color".  I've resigned myself to never having dinner with Whoopi Goldberg. I'm sure there are more.....Speaking of resigning, today I resigned from my position at the City of Sanger.  It was horrible, the anticipation of it all, the gnawing in my stomach, the sweaty palms, the nervous laughter while I pretended to listen to others who were talking to me....Oh my, it was rough.  Then the time came to step forward, hand my boss the paper, and say the words.."I quit".  I didn't say those words exactly, I said "read my letter", because it was good, I thought.  I was impressed with it, and thought surely it would make it all okay.  It was nice, to the point, and stated everything worth saying.  Anyway, I don't think she actually read it.  Bummer.  Cuz it was good.  All she could say was "your quitting, I can't believe it".  We both cried a little.    We had a good talk, and she said she wanted the best for me and wanted me to be happy (I really wanted someone, anyone, to beg me to stay.  hee, hee).  It went really well as far as resignations go.  I have to say, that is always the hardest thing for me to do.  I don't know why.  I know I am replaceable , although I like to think I am not.  But, I've seen it time and again.  Whenever I leave, everything goes on just as though I was never there.  I don't like it much, isn't that selfish.  It's not like I want any company, business or city to fail, or struggle, or it to be difficult.  I have to say though, I do want to be missed.  It's this little bit of pride in me, okay there's a lot of it.  Anyway, I'm going to work for Allison Engineering in Denton.  I'm excited, but a little scared......so, say a prayer for me, and I'll say one for you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah....I am sooo very proud of you. Follow your dreams!!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment