Tuesday, July 13, 2004

My New Book

I always wanted to write a book. I've never actually gotten started though, so I thought I might write it throughout my blog and see how well I do. I'm just doing this off the top of my head, I don't even have a plot yet. So here goes the first paragraph. Let's see how far I get......

Chapter 1 (paragraph 1)

The room was silent with the exception of the soft whir of the ceiling fan. Lava felt the soft breeze on her bare shoulders as she lied in the silkiness of her soft pink satin sheets. Suddenly, the silence was broken by a high pitched pulsating sound. Lava, shocked, sat straight up in her bed, looking around frantically, when her eyes landed on the flashing red numbers on her alarm clock. 5:30 was flashing on time with the pulsating sounds that were pounding through the air. Lava reached out and and pushed the button on top of the clock, causing the room to go silent once again. Lava stretched, stood up, and stretched again, then began walking lazily toward her bathroom. She looked in the mirror and smiled as she noticed her hair standing up awkwardly on one side. "I look like crap" she said out loud to no one. She grabbed her toothbrush and as she began her morning rituals she started thinking about the day ahead. Today was the day she would start her new job at City Hall.


Okay - that's paragraph 1, check back tomorrow for paragraph 2!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment