Monday, September 13, 2004

Don't you think love is a strange thing? Someone told me he loved me the other night, it's interesting how I felt about it. I felt sad for him. He is married, and he is not happy. I honestly can't say that I know very many people that are "happily married". Weird....my parents seem to be (it took them a while) , and my sister and her husband, but that's it. I wonder why that is. A friend of mine told me the other day that marriage is not like it used to be...that no one stays together forever anymore. I think that's really sad. I think love should last forever, I think the problem is not that marriage has changed - how can it, the laws haven't changed, the rules haven't changed, "let no man put assunder what God has joined together"...... I think that people are not taught and do not know what Love really is. There is a song that says "Love's not a feeling, Oh we've got to learn, to get past the emotion to the meaning of the word." I believe that for sure, it's not a feeling or even an emotion, I believe it's a way of life. Living to show your love everyday. I don't just mean in intimate relationships, but all relationships. Family, friends, marriages, all of it. I'm trying hard to figure out this whole thing - Life. Let me know if you have any insight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure that it's neither a feelling or emotion or it wouldn't hurt

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment