Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Evening

It's Sunday evening and I'm sittin around, playin my guitar. I don't really have much to say, but my momma's always getting on me for not posting, so I'm posting, I'm posting!!

This morning I went to church at fellowshipchurch.com in Grapevine, it was a totally awesome service - I hadn't been in a little while (to this church) and almost didn't go this morning - when I laid back down to try to sleep some more I knew I would regret it, so I got my lazy butt out of bed, took a shower, and rushed off to church. I got there right at starting time, and my wonderful parents and friend were all there, and they saved me a seat. How nice is that? The music was great, the message was about "authority issues' which is always something good for me to hear - I'm not sayin I got a problem with authority, but a little reminder here and there is good for me on occassion.

After that service, my mom got in the car with me, and we rode to the boys' home together. I love my mom, and I loved getting to spend that time with her today - just talkin...oh - and of course I was speeding cuz by the tie we got out of the parking lot, we only had 15 minutes to make the 30 minute drive, we made it in 20. Mom never even said anything about my driving - of course she knew I was under convictio, being that the preacher had just talked about authority and even included traffic laws in his sermon....sometimes I'm hard headed. I remember one time our preacher talked about how terrible it was to have christian bumper stickers on your car, then be speeding and breaking the laws of the land....I decided to take the bumper stickers off. Not Really! I didn't have any.....but it was my first thought. Isn't that terrible? You would think I would have been convicted to obey the laws - I tell ya - I truly do have a sinful nature - thank God I am covered in the blood of Jesus, (and yes I will do my best to start obeying, now that I have said this all outloud...I mean written it in my blog...I'm feeling a little convicted) So - I'll let you know how it goes - tomorrow will be the test, I'm going to Oklahoma with mo, I bet she'll let me drive - and she's got a hemi! Arr...Arrr!!

On another note, I talked to both my brother and my sister today, what a wonderful thing that is, I love them both, and it's very rare I get to see or talk to them, so that was extra specially nice!

I hung out some with one of my friends, cleaned my apartment, figured out what I'm gonna wear tomorrow, sent a few e-mails, talked to a really good friend on the phone, read all of your blogs, and now I'm posting this, that's about it in a nutshell- ok - maybe that was more like an egg shell (size wise I mean)........goin to bed now- G'Night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a great day.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment