Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Let's give em something to talk about.....

It's crazy - at my work - there's always something to talk about, something going on, the rumor mill starts here, I tell ya! My boss is in my office at 8:00 this morning teeling me everything that happened yesterday when I was out of the office. One of our police officers met me outside when I pulled up, he came inside with me and sat in my office for 30 minutes while I worked and he talked about people. Now - I don't like to be rude, but I also don't like to listen to a bunch of gossip. I usually just try to change the subject. The police officer was talking about his boss, and others in his department, then about looking for a new job. My boss was talking about her boss and some of the other department heads. Mostly griping - both of them. I don't have time to be the therapist or gossip columnist every morning that I come to work! I'm not sure how to handle this, what would you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger cookie723 said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog...and I agree with MsThang. You've just got to tactfully let 'em know that you've got to get a jump on some work and to be honest, don't want to hear all the sordid details about their issues with others? Hope you can navigate your way through this & hopefully they'll 'understand'!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

LOL! muzikdude's comment made me laugh, I don't know what you are going to do about that but in a minute I need to call you and vent awhile. heehee!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

ugh. what can you do other than just bluntly tell them - I AM BUSY YOU LAMO FREAK! GET A LIFE AND LEAVE ME ALONE! GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!!

Or you can sit there and listen and then pretend to fall asleep while they are talking...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment