Monday, June 20, 2005

OK...time has passed, now I can share....

Ok - enough time has passed and my pride is no longer keeping me from sharing this story, along with the fact that msthang posted her little episode on her site, I thought ok Sam, you can share.....

So, I'm at school, I absolutely never go in the restaurant in the University Center, but the first week of school I had a little over an hour between classes and I was starving. I thought, "I'll go over their get something to eat and read my book". Little did I know that it was like junior high cheerleading camp at UTA. Don't ask me, but there were about 15 different groups of very young teenage girls in here at this point. And it's about 4:45 p.m. I thought it strange, but I had already paid my money, so I was there. I had my backpack which is impossible to carry along with anything else, so I find a table in the corner and push my stuff back in the booth, I put a note pad on the table in hopes that people would realize that the table is taken. I go get a tray and a salad, all the while trying to keep an eye on my stuff. I'm walking back to the table, tray in hand, looking at the table trather than where I am going, and step right in a puddle of something wet. My foot slides out from under me, and I do a sort of break dance move, one leg out, the under underneath me, and catch myself with my free hand. Good thing is, I didn't drop the tray, salad was still in tact, I managed to stand up quickly in one large lunge, and carefully walk to my table. The only comment "Oh, good job, at least you saved the food." I gave him my "shut the **** up look", along with my smug fake "you think you're funny" grin, and went on about my business. It only hurt my pride, but I think I'm all patched up now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

OMW! I hate that, it always seems like things happen like that at the most embarrassing times. It never happens when you are all alone and no one is looking, only when the whole world is gawking. I'm glad you pulled it all together and held your head up, never let em know they bother you, they've all done it too at some time or another!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Maria Cristina said...

LOL

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment