Sunday, June 26, 2005

My Grandma

My Grandma is here and she has a lot of stories to tell, I decided I was going to start writing a book of her life, but I can't get her to stay on track. I asked her what her earliest memory was and she said she didn't know, but continued talking and I just typed what she said......here's the last story I got from her.......

Ya see Q’s wife objects to black people, so I had to handle all of the blacks. There was one in particular that was good at what she did, she worked in my division, I had to train her and what have ya, she was really good and I trained her well, there was a convention in Dallas, when they got to Dallas, they were all dressed up, good lookin people, they just stood on the sidelines, and wouldn’t come in and sit down. Q saw them and stood up. One of the regional directors came up and asked who they were looking for, what division? They said Q. G’s division, and said they were looking for Reba G. Q stood up and said, “Reba G., where are you?” I stood up and Q turned and pointed at me, he told me to make room for them to sit down . After that, everyone knew Reba G. I had two black ones that stayed with me the rest of the time, before long 7000 people knew Reba G. After that every time there was a big meeting, everyone knew me, and once Quinton told me to meet him in Dallas, I said I wasn’t going because I didn’t have the money. The regional director called and told me he had reserved me a room right next to his, said he thought I might need some entertainment. I said “you idiot”. Q told me not to talk to the regional director that way, and I said ”I’ll talk to him any way I want”. I got there and I was the only woman out of 700,000 people. I couldn’t near believe it, the only woman. Now that was the Kinney Shoes convention, where there were 700,000 people…….

Then my mom walked in the room, and grandma stopped talking. I did shorten the names to protect the…..uh guilty. My grandma is sure a character, I love her though!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh My Goodness! what is she going to say next!!! lol!!!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment