Friday, July 22, 2005

911

A friend of mine called me on Monday because she got acid in her eye, I asked why she didn't call 911, and she said she didn't want to bother them.....Well, personally, I think acid in the eye warrants an emergency, but I heard about this other 911 emergency call that was definitely more of a priority than acid in the eye. I was on my way to work, listening to the radio and they replayed a 911 call to the a South Carolina Police Department (I think that's correct). The call went like this.....

operator: 911 emergency - how may I help you?

caller: Yes, I am at Burger King, and I have ordered my cheeseburger and they have made it wrong three times, all I want is a western cheeseburger with lettuce tomatos and pickles, my kids are hungry and I have ordered it three times. The manager came to the window and asked if I wanted my money back, I said no, all I want is my cheeseburger made right, do you think that is too much to ask?

operator: Well, ma'am, what is it that you are needing from us?

caller: I want you to send an officer out, and make them make my order right, I have already paid for it, they asked me to pull forward, and I said no, I'm going to wait here at the window until I get my order made right, they are mopping the floor in there, so they think they are too busy to go make my burger correctly.

operator: Ma'am I still don't understand what you'd like for us to do, we cannot come out and enforce your western bacon cheeseburger.

caller: You are supposed to be there to protect and serve, what am I supposed to do? All I want is a burger.

operator: ma'am, you need to act like an adult, park your car, go inside, and work this out with manager.

caller: I already talked to the manager, I don't want my money back, I want my burger made right. Ya'll are supposed to protect me!

operator: from what? a badly made cheeseburger? - ma'am, all I can tell you is to act like an adult and go get your money back and go somewhere else..........

Lava: I was cracking up! This was supposedly a real 911 emergency call. I typed this from memory, but that's pretty much how it went, I thought the funniest part was where the operator said "we're not going to enforece your western bacon cheeseburger"....I died!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lava said...

okay, I get it. I'll try to be more attentive to my blog.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment