Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Change is Hard.

Sometimes change is really hard, most times I can pretty much accept it and move on. Lately, I've been working alot on myself and on how I deal with people, as you can probably tell by my last couple of blog entries. I have this friend, that for some reason feels the need to tell me how good or not good I'm doing with this. She told me that I'm not getting better. I really took it to heart and for a moment let it make me feel bad. But the more I thought about it, I thought, ya know, how does she know? She can't tell me if I'm getting better at dealing with my feelings, she's not inside me, and doesn't know what process I go through in my mind to get where I am.

Some people are a lot more outspoken than others, and some people are just plain blunt. I am not. I don't think that makes me weak or wishy washy or even means I'm avoiding a situation. When I say I want to express myself to someone. Usually, I spend a lot of time thinking about the out come and my motivation for what it is I might want to say, and sometimes I don't like the outcome that I see, and sometimes I just realize my motivation is wrong. Sometimes I realize it needs to be said and eventually I say it, but it's hard for me, especially if it might hurt someone.

Change is hard, especially when you talk about changing your personality or something about who you are, it's possible, but it's hard. I've been me for 30 years, and I'm going to keep being me, I hope that the people in my life learn to accept me for who I am. I'm working on me, and better than that, God is still working on me, and you can choose to love the girl in front of you or not. It's your choice, and if you choose to, then by all means....LET ME BE ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment