Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Island Fire Day

I had a day today that I would compare to Sonic's Island Fire Burger, actually I've never had the burger, but I hear that commercial all the time where they talk about it. They say how its like being on an island, all relaxing and stuff, then suddenly the island catches in fire! That about describes it. It started out fairly good, I got lots done this morning, went to school, met with my tutor, completely understood the concepts we went over in statics, I couldn't beleive it but I totally grasped the concept of Shear and Bending moments.....(I know, what's that? you,re asking....if you wanta know, ask me later). Then I went to my PHysics lab, which I found out was a make up lab and that I did not have to go, so it seemed the perfect time to run get my clothes from the cleaners and check my mail. So I did, and by the way, the lady at the cleaners I go to is the absolute nicest person you could ever meet. She never asks my name, always knows who I am, and treats me like I'm Julia Roberts or something. I don't know if she treats all of her customers that way or not, but it's the best customer service ever.....Anyway, after that I went back to school, had a quick lunch and chat with a friend, then studied away! I studied hard for three hours straight, and was so prepared for my two tests....or so I thought, I took my engineering economy test, not too bad, but then I started to see my island catch on fire! I went to take my statics test, and my goodness was it the most difficult thing ever placed in front of me! Yes, I tell you, it was! My mind was blank, I think I inhaled some of the smoke from the island fire, and suffered some brain damage, I definitely know there was smoke in my eyes, and it was awfully hot in the room.......My palms were sweaty, the seat was hot, it was HORRID! Finally I got tired of staring at the paper with my smoke filled eyes, and oxygen deprived brain, I just stood up and turned in my test...If I made a 20, I'll be surprised.....I must say however, I did know the Shear and Bending moment problem, but there was only one! I've put the fire out, but there's not much left of the island now.....I guess I'll have to find a new one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you gotta be careful and not post like your brother. Oh my GOODNESS, I guess we is gonna have to have a mouth washing out time when he comes to see me. He made his moma blush. You don't gotta worry Sam, you are the bomb and just because you didn't get this test wasn't your fault, you know the answers, they were just the wrong questions. So remember that, you NEVER FAIL, you are the WINNER, just cause the professors don't put the right questions on the test is not your fault. You know if the students don't do well, it is not their fault, it is a reflection on the teacher, cause YOU are the smartest girl in the class, and especially the cutest and talk about funny!!! I am your biggest fan, not your auntie Jan!!!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl will you tell your momma who's #1 Me and you remember your named after me!!!! What are we gonna do with her tell her we might let her be up there with us when she starts emailing back,HA!!! And she is right you are a winner at EVERYTHING you do so remember that always. Hey i'm going to send you some sister act pics so you can post them on your web site i have some that are just to funny yall have to see them it makes me laugh just thinking about them. Will guess i better go CALL ME and no Dana(#2) i'll always be the favorite and biggest fan,HA!! LOVE YA BOTH, JAN

9:13 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Dena, it is time to post somethin' new!!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment