Friday, February 11, 2005

I believe I can fly

I believe I can fly
when I look out at the sky
and see the glorious blue
of a morning that is so new
watch the sun unfold
and spray it's infectious gold
rays of light
that are so bright
that make the morning right
at a time when I feel the fight
has left my soul
and all that's left to play
is the one and only role
that I was meant for.
The role is mine
and you cannot take it from me
not that you would try
because I believe
that you know that I could fly
given the chance
to learn the dance
that would keep me
from getting passed by.
I can fly
I will someday
just watch and pray
that I don't stray
form the path
from my dream
that all the valleys
will not be extreme
to the point that I give in
and remain grounded.
I need to fly
to spread my wings
to take in the air
to be daring.
I will do it
wait and see
I'll fly some day
come fly with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Cute!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment