Friday, January 21, 2005

My second try at Def Poetry.....

Stop it,
sit still, don’t move
be quiet, speak up,
hush, listen, don’t fight,
don’t give me that look,
go to your room, stay here,
think! Don’t look at me,
sit up straight, don’t slouch,
you shouldn’t feel that way,
you shouldn’t say those things.....
Now the time has come
you must face this world....
Now Go! Think, decide,
have an opinion, make
good decisions, be all you can be....
What can I be?
How come I couldn’t be me yesterday,
but today it’s okay.
You know what? I was okay yesterday
I am okay today and I will be okay tomorrow.
I am me. It doesn’t matter what you think.
It doesn’t matter how you feel about me.
It doesn’t matter if my skin is darker than yours,
or If I love who you say I shouldn’t, or if I feel how
you don’t think I should, or if I stand on top of
buildings and shout the words of Poe.
Edgar Allen that is, as if you didn’t know.
It doesn’t matter. You are not writing
the definition of who I am or who I will be.
Put down your pen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun poem!

Love you!

Eddo

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear about school, about your classes, your teachers, your campus, your homework, etc. I know you are busy doing homework and working, but some of us DO have free time, and we need you to write stuff to fill up our free time...

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the poetry... You are a busy busy girl... People need to get a life and stay the heck out of yours... I love Eddie he is my future husband... I whish he would at least ask me out....

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment