Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Italy

I went to Italy to visit MsThang - we had a great time. I just got home last night.

I've never been out of the United States before, this was my first trip and I had a blast.

First - we spent three days in Rome - it was rainy, and we walked our tails off - but it was historical and beautiful, and just all around amazing. We saw the Collesium, and some churches, statutes, old buildings, tons of cars - that new little smart car was all over the place - I loved that thing - everytime I saw one it made me laugh - it looks like a toy.

We took one creepy cab ride - the driver kept looking at MsThangs legs the whole time, he wouldn't watch the road at all. We were both glad to get outta there!

We took a train from Rome to Naples - my first train ride. It was nice, the scenery was beautiful.

We spent the rest of the week in Gricignano (I don't know if that's how you spell it - I'm guessing) on the Navy base. but went out into the City in the evenings. We went through Sorrento, to Positano, which was by far my favorite - it was beautiful http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/amalfi/84/# check it out!

We ate in a wonderful restaurant there, I had some kind of potato dumplings in a tomato sauce, followed by grilled sausage, we started out with bruschetta, and these fried potato and cheese things - I believe they were called croquette di patati.
It was all very good.

There's lots more to tell - I'll be back soon to fill you in on the rest.....

8 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

So glad that you had a wonderful time! Traveling is addictive! Take it from me!!

Glad you're back, safe and sound

1:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow Italy. I'm so jealous. And I love the new look, so cheery (like you).

1:39 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Finally! A New post. So glad you are back safe and sound. We worried about you.

Love you bunches!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I almost fainted when I saw you had posted. Can't comment now, recovering....

9:19 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i read something on ms. thang's site about lava visiting, and i wondered if it was you! and, i don't know when it happened, but i L.O.V.E the new design. love it.

i think it's so fun that you a) went to visit ms. thang and b) got to do it in ITALY. that pic (little italy) is so beautiful. more! more! encore!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lava said...

Hey Jcol - it is addicting - I'm planning a trip to Ireland next.....wanta go??

Thanks Katie - course, Eddo did the design - he's so talented...

No worries Eddo - mom does enough of that, you don't need to - and thanks again for the re-design! Love you too!!

mom - hahaha - recovering huh? you okay now?

MsThang - of course you had a great tim - it's me we're talking about - hee hee -just kidding!! Just wait till you come in April - I'll take you to see all the cool stuff in Dallas - it'll be great fun!

Jes - hey! how you doin? Yep it was me....It was a lot of fun - and very beautiful - I'd definitely recommend it!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

See! I knew it! It's addicting, and you feel compelled to get more stamps in your passport too, I bet. It comes with the territory.

8:20 AM  
Blogger dont eat the token said...

wow, all that great food descriptions from both you and Ms Thang! makes me want to go there just for a snack.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment