Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hey Dude...Wher's My Car?

Did you see that movie? Pretty stupid but, I still found it funny...

Anyway, my story now - picture it, UTA campus parking lot, it was dark outside and I was a little nervous walking to my car alone - IT's a long walk when I have to park in the far away parking spaces. I knew exactly where I parked. My mom always said walk confidently, key in hand, and be aware of what's around you. There was this dude driving slowly beside me in a large beat up hooptie, I wanted to break out in a run, but I didn't. I walked fast paced, he followed me through the parkig lot, I'n sure he was just searching for a space, but I was still a little nervous. I walked up to my car, and at the same moment the car that was parked next to me pulled out of it's space. The hooptie pulled in beside me. Quickly, I inserted the key inot muy door (I lost my remote btw) and It felt weird, a little scratchy, but it went in. I turned the key to the right, it wouldn't turn. I took the key out, and turned it over and reinserted it, still it wouldn't budge. Humph - weird, what was I gonna do? A light shown from now another slowly passing vehicle, I did a double take, this Envoy is black. Ooops, not mine, the guy in the hooptie stepped out of his vehicle. He was tall and scary in the dark...I looked the opposite direction, I saw my car two spaces down, and quickly walked towards it. As I approached I saw the silver label on the side - trailblazer?? Darn! That's not my car either. Feelin just plain dumb at this point, I said a silent prayer, turned around and started walking back the other direction, I had no clue where I had parked, and I wasn't going to walk this parking lot alone in the dark feeling all paranoid like I was. Then, to my surprise, in the not so far distance, I see it - the beautiful green Envoy that I love, I noticed the parking tag hanging crookedly on my rear view mirror, and I let out the breath I was unaware that I had been holding, I race to my car, inserted the key, it turned, I jumped in, shut the door and locked it! Whew - Car sweet car.....I love my Envoy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Scary. My mom taught me the same thing; walk and behave confidently. She also said if someone tries to approach or attack you, if you act like you're nuts (dancing about, singing, screaming) they will usually run like anything...because people have this inborn superstition about crazy people. I've never tested that one, but I DO walk confidently.

When I was in High School a boy my age tried to kidnap me. We were going really fast in his car and I opened up the door to jump out. That's when he realized I was serious, and he had to turn around. "Whoa, wait a minute!" he yelled. "You'd really jump, wouldn't you?"

"Yup," I said. "Now take me back or you can explain to the cops why I'm splattered on the roadside."

He did.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

wow - good advice - we have smart mom's huh?

Scary that boy tries to kidnap you...glad he didn't get you, and that you didn't jump and get splattered on the road.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

No body would bother to kidnap me, I'm too old and tough, but old people have a rough time finding their cars. I used to have a friend who would enter the parking lot and press his remote to see which car opened its trunk. The strangest experience I had was when I was driving a forty seven chevy (I'm old). I went out into the lot, spotted my car, unlocked the door, got in, backed out, and just as I started to drive away, I noticed that this forty seven chevy had a radio. Mine didn't. I reparked the car, tried to pretend I couldn't even see it and wandered around till I found my own. I'll be you didn't know that a lot of "same make" cars have the same keys. (by the way, I found your blog by following a comment on Saurkraut.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Lava, thanks, hon. BTW, I should say that *I* found you through Eddo's blog.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

yipes! glad you are safe and sound!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Lava,

I guess I forgot to tell you to count the rows as you go in the bldg, so you will know where your car is when you come out. lol!

I am glad you are alright, but as usual Angels are watchin over you!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

three score - funny story - I didn't know that some cars have the same keys - that doesn't seem very safe. Luckily mine didint' work in the first Envoy - who knows when I would have noticed... sometimes I'm not real observant...

Thanks JCol

Hi Julie! look em in the eye huh? ok, I'll try that.

Mom - count the rows! good idea - Love you!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment