Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's a birthday up in here!

Hey y'all it's Ms Thang on the other side of the board. Today is Lava's birthday and so I have decided to surprise her with a birthday shout out post.

So my birthday gift to her is to shower her with praises and love from her family and friends. Leave her a comment to wish her a happy birthday, and while your at it name your favorite quality about her and why. (Mama D aka Dana, your favorite quality can't be that she's your daughter lol).

My Favorite Quality: Her openess and willingness to be a true friend

When I met Lava right here on her website I would had never imagined what God had in store for us. Lava is the most giving, caring, compassionate, understanding friend I have ever met. She is always there encouraging me to keep going, praising me for a job well done, or being the sympathetic shoulder to cry on. If I ever need someone to talk to in the middle of the night I know that she is only a phone call away, and will be there for me in my hour of need.. always knowing the right things or prayers to say to comfort me in my time of need.

In a day in age where most people don't know how to truly stop and listen and be a true friend, she has never managed to loose that quality. She may be the busiest person I know, but she always has time for her friends (and family).

Lava, you are a gem! Thank you for being such a great and understanding friend! Happy Birthday Girl!

9 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh I see, Msthang is doing her thang again!!! Happy B Day Sammy D!

Your qualities are....You are my Radical Holy Hip Hop Girl and I know you love Jesus with all your heart cuz ever time I seez ya, you be Braggin Bout Jesus!

You are a special gift from God to me and I thank the Lord for you and for all the thoughtful sweet things you do, you emulate Jesus in all you do. I couldn't be more proud of you. I am amazed at what a masterpiece you are.

I just don't understand why God loved me so much that He picked me to be your mom, but I am sure glad He did! You are one of the greatest gifts God ever gave me, the other two being your bro and sis, I love you Lava, I hope you have the Happiest Birthday ever
knowing how much you are loved and appreciated and your guitar amplifier is on the way, plus whatever else I decide to bless you with!

I love you!
mom

1:06 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Happy Birthday Lava!

Eddie's friend Ben here... I come via Ms. Thang! We haven't really met... but I know who you are and so I thought I would wish you well.

Happy Birthday Again! Have a great day!

5:49 AM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day today.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Happy Birthday Lava! On the actual day this time!!

I'm so glad that I got to meet you in person! You are so sweet, and I can tell that you love to laugh. Or maybe it's just that you love to laugh at us? He He.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Lava said...

Awe...Thanks Mom you almost made me cry - (No tears fell though, they just gathered up there like they were gonna) I lov eyou very much and am glad God picked you to be my mom!

Thanks MsThang - you're an awesome friend too, I really appreciate you!

Thank you ben! Glad you stopped by.

Thanks Kris - can't wait to see you again!

Thanks Jcol - btwe it's both - I love to laugh, and I love lauging AT ya'll too!!

So far I'm having a great day! Lots of food to eat though- My boss made me an Italian cream cake! What a nice lady - slaving in the kitchen - just for me!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Happy birthday! I read your mom and Eddo's blog and thought I'd pop in and wish you all the best. Hope you had a great birthday!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Happy Birthday Girl...How old are you? Are you going to tell...First time to your blog so the only thing I can say about you is that your mom loves you very much..You are lucky.

11:48 PM  
Blogger dont eat the token said...

Happy birthday girl --- you have a wicked sense of humor that I dig!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 31! Thanks for stopping by Lucy - and yes my mom does love me - that's fo sho

Thanks Annex!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment