Friday, September 30, 2005

Can I ask you a question?

Wednesday, I walked out of my horribly boring CAD class, I was trying to recover from my near death experience - (I was about bored to death), when a guy walked up to me with a huge empty re-usable drinking container in hand....he's looking at the container and says "can I ask you a question?" If you know me at all, you know that about 42 possibilities went through my head reagrding the possible requests that related to this container....but I said - "sure, what's up?" He said, still looking at his container, "if you were to die tonight do you know where you would spend eternity?" I know that I had to have the biggest smile now - I was very impressed at this young man's courage....I said "I sure do" he said - "where?" - I replied "heaven".....he siad "and how do you know that?" and I said "because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and trust solely in him for my salvation"...he nodded, and said "that's good, but is that all you have to do?".....my mind goes again - I'm thinking, yes, believe in the name.....you shall be saved...only by grace...not by works.......whosoever believeth....."yeah, He's the only way" is my final answer......he then says "do you have to obey him?" I hit my self on the forehead (not really) and reply "yes I do" and he says "that's right because the Bible says if you love me you will obey my commands", I nod in agreement and smile. He then continues and tells me that the bible says that if we call ourselves Christian and do not obey God's commands that we are liars and the truth is not in us.....I talked to him for a few more minutes and thanked him for sharing.

I did walk away thinking about that last statement - I memorized this scripture a few months ago and it meant a lot to me then too - it always makes me wonder - am I truly obeying? - I know I can do better, Christ commanded us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, I don't do that like I should, I live my life and share here and there, but I don't make a concious effort to make sure I am taking every opportunity to share.....I'm still speeding when i drive - that's not very obedient, I do other things too - I'm really not doing a very good job being obedient - I don't wanta be a liar!! I gotta go - I'm at work typing all this and I should be working - I'm feeling a guilty now - bye!

3 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I am so glad to see you have surfaced, made an appearance, came back to life or whatever!!

Where have you been? where are you? What about Theo, have you forgotten him? Do you still want him?

Call me! We are going to fellowship at 5:30 tomorrow.

Love ya

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking alot about this lately. Good post:) Will be back to read more.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I missed your call twice today, sorry. I was at Fellowship tonight from 5pm to 6:30, then I was at BJ's dropping off Joseph, visted awhile. My friend Debbie is having the same back problem as I was except it is going down both legs so pray for her. When do you want Theo?

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment