Friday, June 10, 2005

Nick Names

I came across this poem today and I thought it was cute, I always call people nick names at work, i don't know what it is, but I can't help it. Thing is a couple of weeks ago I called this lady the name I always call her, well her name is Irma and she is only about 4'10" if that, and I always called her Irma Squirma. I never really thought about it, but one day she kinda griped at me cuz I said it in front of someone, so I apologized and told her I wouldn't do it anymore. I felt bad, I didn't realize that it bothered her. Today, for some reason, I started calling her Irm, just left the "a"off, I got a look, I don't think she liked that one either. Anyway - here's the poem:

Nick Names by Kenn Nesbitt

My aunt calls me "Elizabeth."
My grandma calls me "Liz."
My sister calls me "Lisa,"
and the baby calls me "Wiz."

My uncle calls me "Betty,"
while my grandpa calls me "Beth."
My brother calls me "Dizzy Liz"
or sometimes "Lizard Breath."

My teacher calls me "Betsy,"
and my friends all call me "Bess."
I find these nicknames more annoying
than you'd ever guess.

I wish they would call me
by my real name instead.
I simply hate those nicknames;
see, my real name is Fred.

Maybe I should be nicer and just call people by their names......I'm gonna try, we'll see how well I do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so does this mean i can't call you chickenhead anymore????

8:47 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

you're the chickenhead!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment