Friday, June 10, 2005

Déjà vu

I experienced it today. Really weird, but nice. I actually love the experience of feeling like I have done this before or been here before, it's familiar, and I love familiar territory.

I had to look up Déjà vu because I wasn't real sure how to spell it, and I found an actual meaning for it in the Skeptic's Dictionary:

Déjà vu is French for "already seen." Déjà vu is an uncanny feeling or illusion of having already seen or experienced something that is being experienced for the first time.

and from How stuff Works:

The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all.

Just thought this was cool, and wanted you to know that I experienced this uncanny feeling today, and I loved it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment